Saturday 26 April 2008

Minogue 'deeply touched' by her OBE

Minogue 'deeply touched' by her OBE



Kylie Minogue has been awarded an OBE in British Queen Elizabeth II's New Year's Honours List.
Minogue, 39, said she was "deeply touched" to get the award from the country she calls her adopted home.
The star thanked her British fans for their love and support during her recovery from breast cancer.
The OBE comes nearly 20 years since 'I Should Be So Lucky' became the singer's first UK Number One.
Speaking from Australia, she said: "I am almost as surprised as I am honoured to be awarded an OBE by Her Majesty The Queen.
"I feel deeply touched to be acknowledged by the UK, my adopted home, in this way.
"This last year I have felt so much love and support from everyone as I took greater steps back into the public domain, and it is with absolute gratitude and joy that I say farewell to 2007 and look forward to what the New Year will bring."
The 39-year-old singer spent the Christmas holiday in Melbourne with her family.
Others to be honoured included veteran presenter Michael Parkinson, who received a knighthood, and actor Ian McKellen, who will join the Order of the Companions of Honour.